A few answers about Nvu
I receive more and more messages about Nvu every week. Yeah, I know, it's normal. I can't tease you and expect no reaction at the same time. Since I just can't answer to all emails, here is an unordered list of answers that cover pretty much all the questions/suggestions I received:
- No, Nvu is not ready yet for downloadable pre-versions. We want to do much more than what we have now in our hands. All formal announcements will be made through the mailing-list available from Nvu's web site and Nvudev.org.
- Yes, you can start contributing. First, you can send suggestions. Second, you can develop smart widgets (see the calendar Smart Widget in Standalone Composer).
- No, nvu.com will not provide Windows or Mac build. But I, and I really mean Daniel Glazman here, will. Built from the open-source Nvu repository. And I keep cross-platform in mind all the time.
- Yes, the list of features for Nvu is very impressive. I have already completed the FTP manager, the colorpicker and the MDI interface. Not too bad in so little time...
- No, again, we won't add geeky features. Sending me a RFE for a geeky feature is hopeless.
- Yes, yes, UI for borders, margins, paddings and other exotic CSS stuff