Frankenstein was biological. Dell made the first silicium-based monster. It's a laptop, the new Inspiron XPS, dedicated to gaming:
- up to P4 HT 3.40 GHz, On-die 2 MB cache (L3), On-die 512 KB cache (L2), 32 KB internal cache (L1), 800MHz front side BUS, Intel 865PE Chipset
- up to 2 Gigs of RAM 400MHz DDR Dual Channel Memory!!!
- strict minimum 9.06lbs (4.11 kg)!!! Is it still portable?
- 2 inches of height, that's considerably more than my Inspiron 8500 and that one is already thick!
- 4 USB2. Of course Firewire. DVI output.
- up to 100Gig 2"5 hard-disk!!!
- integrated subwoofer! yeah baby, make that table groove!
- cooling everywhere: the laptop leaves 2 millimeters wide open at its bottom for air circulation. The batteries and other parts have special air circulation holes. Don't put that laptop on your knees!
- Gigabit ethernet
- and the "quicksnap" covers... Aaaah, don't miss them!!!
So who's going to be the first one to bring such a laptop with a Cipher or Skullz cover to a W3C meeting? Hmmm?