Thunderbird features/bugfixing request
By glazou on Tuesday 12 April 2005, 09:45 - Mozilla
- when I click on the "Not junk" button because there is a false positive, I would like the email to go back to Inbox and then through Filters.
- the "Compose mail to" context menu entry when you right-click on an email in a message header does not allow to select the type of message you want to composer, plaintext or HTML. I miss that.
- I deeply miss the ability to change the folders and mailboxes order... As of today, my default mailbox is not the first one I created in T'bord but the third one; I'd like to move it before the others but I can't.
- I always view my mailboxes sorted by "Order received". First, that column has no arrow to show the sort direction and that's really painful. Second, Thunderbird often "forgets" that order at launch. Even if I selected last-received-on-top, I quite often get a first-received-on-top layout...
- I wonder how many users understand the "Compact folders" feature and what it does precisely... I think it should be automatic and the menu entry removed.
- Junk mail controls could have a "charset exclusion" set of rules: the user can select charsets and any incoming message using those charsets would be considered as spam. That would efficiently replace the spam controls that are not so efficient on chinese or korean emails. Yeah, I know, that's a filter; but filter controls don't allow a non-geek to select based on charset. We need a very simple UI for that.