By glazou on Tuesday 2 May 2006, 14:56 - Computing
- desinstall an old linux distro that you don't need any more to increase the size of your full c:\
- discover that your MBR is completely fucked up and you can't reboot your machine at all
- try the repair console of your WinXP CD and discover your Admin account is locked (why the hell is it locked ? I never touched that) so you cannot repair your machine!
- visit my good and old friend Jean-Claude Bellamy's web site and discover he has a solution to blank the admin password
- burn the iso onto a cd and use that cd ; unlock the admin account and clear the admin password
- finally use your repair console and call fixmbr
- shout "yay!" and reboot
- discover with horror you lost your data partition with your mozilla trees and work documents
- use a partition editor able to restore a completely hidden partition
- reboot, and start to breathe again, letting your adrenaline level slowly decrease...