Nvu, Kompozer, Composer
I keep receiving a lot of emails/questions about Nvu and its descendants. So here are a few answers :
- yes, I know that Nvu was impossible to download from nvu.com. I pinged Linspire and they updated the page.
Everything should be ok now.
- no, I have no more relationship with Linspire about Nvu.
- yes, the name Nvu and its logo are protected.
- no, I'm not helping on Kompozer and yes, I dropped Nvu entirely.
- no, Composer is not dead at all, it's only evolving slowly because I'm working on it on my spare time.
- no, I don't think Kompozer is going to live a long time. Kompozer is only a chrome bug-fix of Nvu and it's still based on the Mozilla 1.7 codebase. It's obsolete. Compared to Composer, Nvu and Kompozer will look like dinosaurs
- yes, Composer will be MPL.
- yes, Composer's code is only minimally based on Nvu's.
- no, Composer is only a code name. The final name is not chosen yet.
More questions ? Add a comment.