ZoomIt! 0.2 preview
I have considerably improved Zoom It! yesterday night:
- when the zoomed element is a list item, take the width and x position of the list element instead of the list item but preserve the y position of the list item so the bullet is also seen
- the computation of the zoom factor is for the time being also based on the element's height and this gives bad results if the element has a height much greater than its width
- add a preferences panel
- maximum zoom level whatever is the width of the element the user wants to view
- zoom on the enclosing TD or TH if the element is contained in such a table cell
- the default zoom behaviour of Firefox 3 gives the same zoom factor to all web pages belonging to the same TLD. I find it myself extremely annoying even if I understand some people like it. So I added a preference to override that default.
- direct access to the default zoom values (default is ".5,.75,1,1.25,1.5,2,3")
- statusbar panel for direct manipulation of the zoom level
- editable menulist, entries in the menulist are based on preference toolkit.zoomManager.fullZoomValues
- spinbuttons for one-click increase or decrease of the zoom level
- I have overriden the default ZoomManager in this version to fire a specific event when the zoom level is changed using the View > Zoom menu entries. This is a hack until bug 416226 is fixed. With that hack in, changes of the zoom level using these menu entries also change the value of the statusbar's zoom menulist.
- the menulist's value is also updated when the user selects another tab or loads a new document
You can download a preview version from here (Firefox >= 3.0a1 required) and add comments to the current article. I'll make it available on AMO if there's no big bug.