<Glazblog/>

Hard times for Venkman users on mozilla-central

Because of bug 458020, Venkman is unusable on mozilla-central's head. Whenever I try to get the value of JS variable in Venkman, I get crazy results. The last one was funny: in my code, I have var rootElt = doc.documentElement; and I typed rootElt in the evaluation textbox of Venkman ; the result was "break"... Yes, the string "break"...

These days, when we need to observe the value of a variable, we rely on alert() and dump()...

I'll send a box of french chocolates to the contributor fixing this bug. I'm serious. We really need a fix ASAP for this bug, we just cannot work with Venkman in so bad shape, and the couple chromebug/firebug is not suitable to xulrunner-based apps as is.

Comments

1. On Thursday 11 December 2008, 23:50 by Hish

I switched back to 1.9.0 because of this. Very annoying.

2. On Friday 12 December 2008, 01:45 by Mardeg

I just noticed a tool called XULprofiler at http://blog.yoono.com/blog/2008/12/... that might be useful ported to BlueGriffon. It's already ported to Songbird from the trackbacks.

3. On Saturday 13 December 2008, 16:00 by ioeasily

Yeah, I'd be happy to gift something to the person that fixes this too.