Here is a first preview of Webchunks 1.0 for Firefox 3.5 and 3.7pre. Save it locally, install it, use it, love it Warning, it's a work in progress. It's not perfect, it's not ironed, it's not optimized at all, it's only one day of work but it's already very different from the previous version of webchunks:
- customize your main toolbar and add the new Webchunks button that shows/hide the webchunks toolbar. The button becomes red when a webchunk is updated, remains blue otherwise.
- you can resize webchunks' popups. Warning, this works well with FF3.7 on windows and linux, has some issues on mac. It's partly functional only on FF3.5.
- you can context-click entries in the webchunks toolbar and that context popup offers new features
- webchunks' popups were redesigned to match better IE's
- conformance to Webslices 0.9 "spec"
- user-defined webchunks now based on CSS selectors and not XPath any more. I will eventually unify webslices-based wecbhunks and user-defined webchunks since the former is only a special case of the latter, the selector being a single ID selector...
- warning, this version is not compatible with previous versions of webchunks so you'll have to repopulate your toolbar...
Known issues (working on it):
- noscript elements can appear in popups
- first click on a link in a popup can have no effect, please click a second time
- slices in eBay are not detected because eBay inserts webslices' markup only if
window.external.AddToFavoritesBaris implemented (and that's a really silly decision) Please prefer user-defined webchunks for eBay...